Saturday, December 29, 2018

Holiday cards


It's the end of another year and many bloggers and Instagram posters are sharing their top projects. I've not shared the following cards this season because I wanted to make sure the recipient saw their card before it was shared here and my Instagram "grammylovesherboys" spot.






Distress Ink Oxide blended background grounded the Hero Arts October MMH kit figures and sentiment. I used Copics on the fawn and Altenew's watercolors on the tree which was embossed first in white. This happens to be in my top five favorite cards of the season mostly due to the background and tree.
Linked to A Blog Named Hero Challenge: Winter







PTI's Botanical Blocks IV poinsettia and sentiment were embossed in gold, flowers colored with Altenew watercolors and framed with a PTI Pierced Feature Frame cut from wood pattern paper which was added to a dark green card.





These two cards were cased from Karen's Random Reflections card shared earlier this month. I silver embossed an old 2011 Penny Black "Adorned Tree" twice on PTI weathervane paper. One panel was cut with PTI's Scallop Stacker: Large die and the other with PTI's Mix & Mat: Plaid die. A PTI Peace sentiment was silver embossed on vellum with the strip tucked around the panels before gluing to a silver shimmer paper covering white side-folding cards.




 An old wood Hero Arts Christmas stamp was inked with navy ink, spritzed with water and stamped on a panel shared by Greta recently and glued to a navy card front. PTI Christmas Faith sentiment was added. I made a variety of this card for our church friends with "Christ is Born" inside. Linked to A Blog Named Hero Challenge: Winter







The final card of this post uses funky Distress Ink oxide colors and a new Tim Holtz tree stencil. The PTI Treetops Glisten sentiment was white embossed on aqua paper and backed with a vellum PTI Tag Sale #12 die. "Stella" did a lot of winking on the sentiment stitched circle. The stenciled panel and tag were added to a mint green card. Linked to 








Thanks for dropping by. I love reading your comments. 
Happy New Year

7 comments:

  1. What a great variety of cards, Vikki! I'm partial to the Botanical Blocks card, but I love them all! The sweet scene with the deer & gorgeous tree is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree that the first card belongs in a Top 5!!! I also love the Botanical Blocks card. I never acquired the holiday version of that series, and it is so beautiful! All the cards are lovely, of course, and thanks for the shout-out. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post. Love all of these gorgeous cards. I have that Hero Arts kit and have not yet opened it. Shame on me and thanks for the inspiration. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful line up of cards my friend!! I cannot choose a favorite but I am positive they were a blessing to each recipient - as mine was for me!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Christmas cards and I love the tree with the deer! Perfect for a winter scene. Thanks for playing along with us at A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous christmas cards and all so beautifully colored and embellished! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is Karen Bull, a design team member with A Blog Named Hero. This is a wonderful creation - thank you for playing along this month!

    ReplyDelete