Sunday, December 9, 2018

Joy

"I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day"




I love Christmas music! Any other time of the year canned music irritates me but not in December. When browsing in a store, I hum and sing along with the tunes playing over the speakers.  I can't help myself.  Not having any large Christmas sentiments, I chose my new-to-me Enclosed: Bell with the "Joy" sentiment for this week's MIM #344: Deck Your Dies inspired by the incomparable Melissa Phillips. A piece of white card stock was covered with several Heidi Swapp gold washi tapes and the solid bell cut from it. The top bell outline with "Joy" was cut from textured gold paper. The bell hangs from a Pierced Feature Frame which was cut three times, the top layer from cream shimmer paper. A Holiday Greens border was stamped with Delicata Golden Glitz ink on the card front within the confines of the frame before the frame and bell were attached. This was a quick and easy card!

PTI Card Supplies:
Stamp: Holiday Greens Borders
Dies: Enclosed: Bell; Pierced Feature Frames 








Linked also to Time Out: #124
Thanks for stopping by! 

grammylovesherboys

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I like the idea of cutting multiple frames for some dimension, and covering the bell with Washi tape was inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY PRETTY! LOVE ALL of the sparkle! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous, Vikki! I was just debating about whether I "need" that enclosed bell & now I'll really have to consider it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card. Your idea of the washi strips and then to cut the die is inspired and I love how you emphasised the outline and sentiment using the gold shimmer card-a joy of card! Thanks for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bell built up from washi! I love it~

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! this is really amazing Vikki!! I love those tapes you used it really shines!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your QACAS card, Vikki! They're the best kind! You did a beautiful job with this clever design!! 🎄Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you used several different washi tapes to create your own DP - they look beautiful together and I can imagine how much they must shimmer in real life! Thanks so much for getting joyful with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete