Saturday, December 8, 2018

Christmas poinsettias




  I have eyed the Hero Arts Color Layering Poinsettia for awhile and on a recent sale ordered both the stamp and die sets. These two cards use the set in different orientations and colors along with help from a variety of paper crafting companies. 







            



               Card #1






  I cut two Altenew Cozy Flannel Cover dies from white 110 lb. card stock and backed them with a dotted pattern paper from MME Christmas (very old stash) which was directly glued to an A2 white card. The poinsettias were stamped with DI inks, centers dotted with gold stickles and added to the card fronts. 
  Card #1 with a horizontal profile has one poinsettia which was accidentally gold embossed before the previous layer dried thus covering almost the entire surface with gold instead of only the veins of the leaves. So it was tucked under the pinkish red bloom on the left side of the card and the tiny "peace" and "joy" words from PTI's Winter Fox were stamped vertically on the white plaid squares. 
  Card #2 uses a vertical orientation with one bloom and its leaves smudged with Nuvo Gold Expanding Mousse. A PTI "joy" die was cut from gold paper and added at the bottom of the card.

Linking Card #2 to Time Out Challenge #124











Card #2





  

My mother's oldest sister turned 91 today. Many of my aunt and uncles celebrate birthdays this month so I'm always looking for new ideas. The HA Color Layering Poinsettia was used again in soft red and pink inks and gold embossing on the sentiment.  I stamped two blooms with red inks and fussy cut only the center leaves on one to add an extra layer to the other. Again gold stickles were used for the flower centers. Concord & 9th's Tree Ring was stamped on a white SSS stitched rectangle panel providing a base for the blooms. The panel was added to a pale pink card front. The birthday card linked to SSS Monday Challenge "B is for ?" - birthday in this case. 



Card #3


It's been fun sharing these cards with you today! Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

  1. I'd say the poinsettia was a great buy! Love your beautiful cards, Vikki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous. I like the layered look with the poinsettias on the cover plates. Nice graphic background to the pretty flowers. Thanks for joining Ink

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful, and I'm so happy to see them. I, too, purchased this set but I haven't broken it out yet. I'm not in need of many more Christmas cards, but I'm thinking they'd make good thank you notes. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love these! I have never seen the cover plate die you used for your first set. So sweet and versatile! I love the polka dotted paper you put behind and the sweet little sentiments you stamped on top! beautiful : ) . Your beautifully colored poinsettias are really nice too - another product I have not seen. I love the size of them and that you were able to use them singly or as a pair.

    Your relatives will be twice blessed when they receive these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That background die looks absolutely fabulous over the polka dot background - and your poinsettia is stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

    ReplyDelete