Saturday, April 7, 2018

hb my friend




On PTI's April Color Ambassador post today, Lexi Daly discussed 
the use of complimentary color pairs. I had just made a birthday
card for my friend who likes purple and added an older floral die
 cut for contrast. It needed a sentiment but the two large white alphabet  
letters looked rather blah on the purple panel. Knowing that yellow is
purple's opposite on the color wheel I sponged DI squeezed lemonade 
on the letters creating an ombre effect which provided the pizazz that  
had been missing. A secondary sentiment was white embossed on a  
black banner to ground the "hb". Yellow enamel dots were added and 
a birthday wish was stamped inside.  

Card Supplies:
PTI Shape Shifters: Oval 1 die
SSS Memory Box Meadow Rue die (NA)
Altenew Bold Alphabet dies
PTI Infinity Frames Sentiments
PTI Bitty Big lilac paper

Linked to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge celebrating their 9th birthday

grammylovesherboys

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Vikki--love how you used Lexi's great post to help create this gorgeous card! As soon as I saw your card I thought of her post before I even read what you wrote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to type thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful color scheme and each beautiful element of your card from that delightful plaid background to your delicate flowers and sweet HB!! beautifully done : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete