Thursday, April 19, 2018

all is calm, all is bright





I popped by the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge this week which focused on using a favorite Christmas verse. Immediately the words to Silent Night came to mind and a PTI Christmas Faith stamp set of shorter phrases, one of which was from Silent Night. The scene was stamped with an older Hero Arts cling stamp, Merriest Christmas Wishes, and inked with Broken China DI Oxide on the bumpier side of a Ranger water color paper panel. The paper texture caused spotted coverage even with two tries which sort of looks like a snowy evening around the lone bird. A sentiment was stamped with black ink below and the panel adhered to a white card front.




While I had the Hero Arts stamp out, I made two more cards of different designs. The second card framed the square with a PTI Center Style: Feminine die cut from silver card stock and a PTI Bells & Boughs' sentiment. This was centered on an aqua panel banded with a coordinated pattern paper and added to an A2 white card




The third card uses the PTI Quilted: Tag Sale to frame the scene. In this panel I manipulated the oxide ink with water to create a varied look before white embossing a sentiment from PTI's Thrill of Hope.
I fell in love with the aqua birch tree pattern paper and added it to the card front before mounting the tag on foam.





Fantastic to have three cards ready for next Christmas!

8 comments:

  1. All three of these are beautiful Vikki!! I have that same stamp and haven't used it in ages...think I need to go dig that one out! Thanks so much for sharing these beauties with us at Merry Monday!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful collection of cards, love how the card gave you the snowy pattern and your CAS design and Verse. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness--3 fabulous cards, Vikki! I love all 3 version! That HA stamp has always appealed to me & oh boy do I love that birch tree paper! You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three lovely cards with equally lovely sentiments. It's hard for me to think about Christmas cards in April, but you'll be way ahead of me come October.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful line up Vikki!! I love each card you created. That bird image is so pretty! and it works perfectly on your third card with that patterned paper which caught my eye because I have that too!! Great minds? : ) I'll bet your husband particularly loves these sweet cards : )

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all three of these cards, Vikki! Love all the aqua and how different each looks from the others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty colors and very nice cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful set of cards, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete