Tuesday, March 16, 2021

A trio of baby cards

Last summer I ordered Waffle Flower's Little One Baby stamps and dies following a blog hop full of darling cards. The set has sweet folk-style images of florals, seasonally bundled babies, and dainty fonts. I have few baby related stamps thus the purchase. Several friends are new grandparents and I like to send a card with a children's book to the new family. In January twin girls arrived in Seattle where their 43 year old parents also have a two year old boy. Grandma Shirlie, my friend, is helping the frantic parents as a temporary live-in nanny but admits it's a circus of laundry, feedings, and no sleep. I planned to make a card with twin babies decorating the card but just in case mama Wendi makes two baby books I made each girl their own card. With the stamps out I also made a boyish card for their big brother. The two pink cards have backgrounds made during a recent Distress Inks/Oxides class with Jean Shurkus. One was ink blended with oxides and the other uses a smooshed technique with acetate and distress inks.

Card #1


Card #2




Card #3


This card also used Waffle Flower Color Combos geometric shapes cut from pattern paper.
The girls' cards were shared previously on Instagram. This card is linked to the NBUS challenge #24.

It's been two months since I've blogged on this site. I'm sorry but Instagram has proven easier to share brief details and photos on my crafting projects. Thank you for your visit.

2 comments:

  1. It's been a LONG time since I had any reason to create a baby card. I love your practice of sending a picture book, one of my favorite gifts as well. All the cards are darling, but it's the ink blending one that steals my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the blessed parents! You darling cards will be treasured keepsakes, Vikki, and it was very thoughtful of you to make two of them! You could enter these cards in the current Twofer Challenge ~ you even have a photo of both of them together! I also love your geometric third card and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete