Thursday, September 26, 2019

Happy Birthdays, "Leaves/Trees" and "Geometric Shapes"

 So many beautiful stamp sets, dies and other goodies lead to fun cards!

I've been having a lot of fun with die cuts, scattering them over a textured background instead of layering them. I was inspired to try this after seeing and later ordering the PinkFresh STAMPtember SSS floral frame stamp set. While waiting for their arrival I created two cards using stamps and dies from my stash. 

Card #1
 A mix of Altenew's Rennie Rose embossed in gold surround a Penned Elegance II sentiment popped up on an Altenew Dotted Swirls Debossing cover panel. I fussy cut a green shadow for the sentiment so it would show up better. The geometric shapes forming the florals and leaves should qualify for the Seize the Birthday topping, add a geometric shape. 


Card #2

 Stamped die cuts from The Greetery's Lemon Blossom and Sentiment Suite: Birthday are glued directly on an Altenew Pegboard Canvas panel. The panel was adhered to a lemon yellow card front. I figure the citrus slices are geometric shapes, circle & half circle and the lime/lemon look oval. ;-)



Thanks for your visit.

4 comments:

  1. So creative, Vikki! Love both of these fun cards! You make me want to use those background dies which haven't been on one of my cards for awhile. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two pretty cards with a great combination of stamps and dies, thanks so much for sharing with us and joining in our 'Trees and Leaves' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to be inspired even before you get the stamps! Both are great. I've never seen the Altenew Pegboard canvas, and I love the way you've used it. Wonder how I've missed it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy oh boy! I like this explosion of dies over an embossed background. Very fresh and different looking. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing it with use at Seize the Birthday Challenge.
    Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete