Thursday, October 25, 2018

a Beautiful Life

Papertrey Ink October Blog Hop Challenge


For the second month in a row an autumn scene is our inspiration. 
I'm glad because October's colors are rich and ever changing.

Each autumn I send my aunts and uncles a Thanksgiving card but this weekend a sympathy card was needed for a church family whose 92 year-old mother recently died in a nearby memory care home. Nell was known for her love of flowers, painting and a
beautiful spirit. I wanted her family to remember that before the dementia set in she was a vibrant, strong woman and thus the sentiment for this card.


Card Supplies:
Autumn Pumpkins, Botanical Bounty, Forest Floor: Autumn, 
Meadow Greens (sentiment), Mix & Mat: Plaid die, 
Pierced Feature Frames die, Spruce & Sprigs


The color of the side-folding A2 card is more greenish gray than 
blue. I'm not sure what PTI color it is as it came in a pack.



Thanks for stopping by today and take a look at the other entries in the PTI blog hop!
This will be on my instagram site also - grammylovesherboys



15 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and what a perfect sentiment for this sympathy card...I'm sure her family will appreciate it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! I love how you choose to remember your friend as she was before her disease took her memory. Dementia is dreadful. I'm sure your friends will find comfort in every perfect detail of your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful card! the family receiving it will be truly blessed by your thoughtfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Vikki. I'm sure it will give much comfort to the family it is going to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Vicki. I am so sorry for your family's loss, sending many prayers to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors! I don't think I've ever seen that sentiment before and it's so lovely. The combination of the Pierced Frame and the Mix and Mat is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card for your friends family - love how you used the frames and that wonderful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful and I am sure so appreciated by Nell's family! What a sweet and thoughtful card to send. Love the sentiment and your beautiful fall foliage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sad, but you're so right we have to focus on people's lives before the dementia. Lovely card that I know will be appreciated. Wonder if that is Ocean Tides--one of my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be on the lookout for some Blessed die cuts heading your way. Hugs, Greta

      Delete
  10. Vikki, so sorry for the loss of your church family's mother but what a sweet card! The sentiment is perfect under the circumstances, and I'm guessing that might be Ocean Tides also. You and Karen had similar ideas with the chalkboard sentiment framed in red.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful way to remember a loved one and that sentiment is just perfect, Vikki. I'm sure her family will find comfort in your thoughtfulness.

    ReplyDelete