Saturday, March 31, 2018

Rosie Posie duo

Make it Monday #316
Stenciled Edges



In Instagram I've become accustomed to writing less and less which isn't really what a blog is all about. Today though, the quiet Saturday between Good Friday and Easter dawn, I finally got a chance to finish a card and load it to my blog. In fact, I made two versions but didn't mount the second one to a card yet. Papertrey Ink has a new feature, Simple to Spectacular, which featured the stamp set Rosie Posie last week. I purchased the set last year but haven't used it a lot (Big #1 Habit for many crafters). Out it came for this Make it Monday #316 where Lizzie Jones shared her use of stencils to enhance cards.
                                                                     

 Stamps: Rosie Posie & Rosie Posie Step 2
Dies: Rosie Posie, Noted: A2 Scalloped
Stencil: Woodblock Prints


I used the PTI Woodblock Prints stencil set on my first
card to decorate the corners of the posie panel and also
the edges of the aqua card. I chose the larger motif on 
two corners of the saffron spice panel and the smaller 
motif for the aqua mist frame edges. 

I lightened up the palate for the second card but
used the same design, this time with a sentiment.


Stamps: Rosie Posie & Rosie Posie Step 2, Vintage Linens
Dies: Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical, Rosie Posie
Stencil: Woodblock Prints


Happy Easter, friends. Christ is risen.

4 comments:

  1. Rosie Posie is one of my favorite sets & I love both of these color combos, Vikki! Wishing you & your family a blessed & happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christ is risen indeed! and what a lovely way to celebrate! These cards are so beautiful Vikki. I have never tried this delightful technique the Lizzie introduced to blogland! It is such a perfect background to highlight your flowers.

    Happy EVERY day! Vikki and thank you for always being so kind and sweet to me : )

    ♥ Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vikki, these cards are awesome with both very different results. It still amazes me how the same stamps can be showcased in so many unique ways. I’ve yet to use that big one in the set, but you’ve encouraged me. Hope you had a Happy Easter as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both gorgeous! I have to tell you that I went right over to the PTI store and put the Woodblock Prints stamps and stencils on my wish list. The next order I place will have this set on it. The Rosie Posie set is such a pretty set. You have showcased it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete