Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Abstract Card Designs inspired by Kristina


Yesterday Kristina Werner shared an abstract design card complete with video instructions. Instead of using a clear stamp like she did on the square focal image, I used an old (from 2000) wood shadow stamp.  Kristina individually added her colors using her Misti. I directly rubbed the Concord & 9 ink cubes on parts of my stamp, applied more color with daubers, and spritzed it with water before stamping. I left it on the Bristol card stock a few seconds and then stamped a second card front resulting in a lighter imprint. Sentiments and images from The Greetery's Lemon Blossom and Sentiment Suite: Thinking of You complete the designs. The first stamped image was off kilter so I trimmed it, added fun foam, and mounted it on a textured (PTI Linen impression plate) card front.




Card #1


Card #2




Thanks for your visit. My growing pile of quarantine cards need a home. I may contact a nearby care center to share or else get to mailing more. Stay safe please. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow--what a neat technique! Love that you've shown there are 2 ways to do it! Plan to watch the video & give it a go. The bold first print is wonderful, but I keep looking at the soft one--so beautiful! I've gotta get more cards put in the mail soon. Stamps are my big ticket budget item now--haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that video, too, and I think your cards are equally inspired and lovely. I especially like the flowers and citrus embellishments!

    ReplyDelete