Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Moody Blues of all shades

We've been enjoying the lazy days of summer which in the pacific northwest can be heavenly. With the lure to be outside I have not been disciplined enough to write blog posts and thus have accumulated many cards not yet posted. So, today I'm sharing three different cards with a variety of products each with a major emphasis on blue shades. 

Card #1

After ink blending several blue Concord & 9 inks in an ombre progression, I stamped the Pink Fresh Studio hexagon outline. Then I used the hexagon florals and stamped inside each space using the same Cn9 order. I die cut the corresponding hexagon from navy card stock and glued it over the stamped outline. A gold love cut from a gold adhesive sheet was added along with the extra popped up sentiment.  The card was sent to good friends in Washington state who celebrate their 58th anniversary today.                                                           

Card Menu: PFS Pop Out Hexagons stamp & die, SSS Sentiment Strips, love die (a gift from a stamping friend), Concord & 9 inks

Card #2


A cousin celebrates her birthday tomorrow. She mothers 103 orchid plants through out her home, patio and greenhouse. Not having an orchid stamp, I used a watercolored panel to die cut the fabulous Altenew Fantasy Floral 3D rose and leaves from it. Next I loosely painted Altenew metallic watercolors on a die cut panel with additional streaks and splatters of gold watercolors. The gold leaf sprig was added to bolster the rose group. The bloom reminds me of my Chicago Peace rose bush at our former home.

Card Menu: Altenew Fantasy Floral 3D and Leaf Canopy dies and Beautiful Day sentiment, Altenew metallic watercolor pan set, The Greetery Nordic Frames die

Card #3


The final card was inspired by the current Fusion Card challenge. The picture's colors, water pattern, leaves and dragonfly were my inspiration.  I randomly ink blended the various DIs and die cut the panel. Then stamped the leaves with Brilliant Moonlight White ink over the blended panel. A variety of DOs were blended on another panel before stamping the dragonfly and embossing with sparkly powder. It was fussy cut and popped up with foam adhesive tape over the white leaves. 

Card Menu: PTI Palm Prints, The Greetery Sentiment Suite: Thinking of You, SSS Stitched Rectangles, a very old wood American Art Stamps dragonfly

All three cards will be linked to this week's SSSW Challenge: Anything Goes. The second card linked to Virginia's Show & Share challenge. The third card will be linked to the Fusion Card challenge. 









6 comments:

  1. Beautifully one! Love the background! Glad you joined us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first card, and you'll most likely see a variation of it someday from me. I'm also delighted by your dragonfly. A friend and I both went through our extensive stamp collections. She didn't find any, and the only one I had was so tiny, I gave up on the challenge. It's good to enjoy the lovely weather; it will end far too soon here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have five more wood dragonfly stamps and a large Marvy df punch. I've always liked this particular stamp. I probably should winnow more of my wood stamps but already gave a large portion plus extra art supplies to a middle school girl before we moved.

      Delete
  3. Three beauties, Vikki - spotted card two at Virginia's Show & Share but love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your 3D flower is gorgeous! The additional underlay in gold is awesome! Well done! It’s wonderful to see you try new things and play with techniques. So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL! Very happy to see your lovely work! Thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thought I left you a comment, but maybe it was on IG. Anyway, love all of these! The first one may be my favorite as I just love the hexagons! The Fantasy Floral BD card is really beautiful & makes me want to get that die out!

    ReplyDelete