Wednesday, July 29, 2020

JUST A LITTLE NOTE


 Nothing like new Concord & 9th inks and card stock to prompt playtime in the craft room. I've been stamping away since they arrived last week and will share more cards later but wanted to get these two cards posted before the CAS(E) this Sketch #382 disappears tonight.


 As I poked through my stamp folders, I found a seldom used old PTI set called Note Niblets. I bought it because of its graphic style which includes many sentiments, florals, and other seasonal objects. My original idea was to stamp and die cut the small envelope, add the appropriate sentiments, and anchor them with one of the linear stamps. After ruining three card fronts with inky mistakes, it occurred to me that washi tape would serve the same purpose as the horizontal line that was failing me. Thus my card using Stardust (which I think of as curry), Mushroom and Eggplant - a complete meal trifecta!! The first card uses PTI Soft Stone paper and the second, Neenah white.



The second card evolved from noticing a roll of music washi tape and combining it with a musical note wood stamp. I have a few music stamps due to my hobby as a pianist, organist, and singer. The same color inks were used but in different spots.





I am also linking this to SSWC - anything goes!

Thanks for your visit. 
It's a good alternative with our present quarantine.
Stay safe and wear a mask!

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of (or seen) Note Niblets before---how is that possible? Love the graphic design of both cards. That little notecard die is adorable and just perfect, too. As soon as the coloring challenge is over - tomorrow!- I'll be able to start playing with the the C&9th goodies as well as a stash of Pinkfresh Studio stamps and dies I purchased with gift cards from my kids. It looks like I should have plenty of time to play this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love these cards, Vikki! Great & yummy color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both fabulous cards. I love how you used a super old stamp set and created things that are so fresh! I think that set even pre-dates me with PTI. I wanted to respond to the question you asked on a previous post of mine about posting multiple cards to a challenge...a little hint given to me that has made my life so much easier....just add #a to the end of your blog link for the second card, then #b to the link for your 3rd, etc. Easy peasy. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete