Thursday, July 9, 2020

Hope Your Birthday is the Best!


Several birthdays this month so I've been busy! Now that one card has been received I'll share it. You can create a rainbow card with stamps, dies, paper, paint etc and I chose watercolors, specifically the Altenew 36 watercolors pan set. Using a panel of Ranger water color paper and a wide brush, I painted and blended each new color diagonally across the panel. Between the three color groups I painted a thin strip in silver. The panel was left to dry overnight. Next step: taping a PTI Woodblock Prints stencil over the panel and smearing a thin coat of Nuvo Glimmer paste over it. I carefully removed the stencil, quickly rinsed it, and again left the panel to dry. This was trimmed with a SSS Stitched Rectangle die and taped on a PTI Lavender Moon card front. A small pre-printed SSS sentiment was framed in black and foam mounted over the center area. Voila! I enjoy mixing products from several companies and a bit of glitter never hurts a project either!


I'm adding this card to July's Show & Share challenge.


4 comments:

  1. This is truly stunning! I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was inspired by finally swatching my Altenew pan set. Somehow they gave me two of the same oranges. It was fun with the stenciling being an afterthought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous inking, Vikki! So glad that you join the fun with my “Show & Share”! WONDERFUL! Very happy to see your lovely work! Thank you for your support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So unique & beautiful, Vikki! Love the colors & the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete