Monday, April 27, 2020

Happy Birthday - hello spring


With our move this winter to another city and a new yard, I have been enjoying my daily walks with my husband. There is a small private school down the street with a great track to mark our daily miles but the neighborhood with narrow streets and large trees intrigues me more. We're amazed to see huge magnolia and cherry trees covering entire front yards, camellias taller than cottage roofs, and gigantic old growth firs with their rough trunks and sweeping branches. 
This has been a beautiful, yet strange spring with our quarantine. Like many bloggers I come and go with energy to create something but my neighborhood has helped immensely.  The Card Concept's latest challenge with flowers in an array of rainbow shades in a vase with text and a bird, prompted me to create a rainbow colored wreath of leaves with a sparkly birdie singing "happy birthday" to the reader. Luckily, the PTI Songbirds set had all I needed for my birthday card. I would define the card as clean and layered. 

Thanks for the visit. 
Here are a few scenes from the neighborhood.









5 comments:

  1. Love the colorful card; that's a favorite set of mine, and one I haven't pulled out in awhile. Longing for scenes here like yours---no leaves on the trees yet; winter has a firm hold on us---much like the pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE how you interpreted the photo inspiration....your colorful leaves complement your pretty bird so nicely! I love the newsprint background and the fun colorful sentiment too! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creation with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and neighborhood, too! I enjoyed your blog and pictures..thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card! Love your sweet bird with the leaves and music- thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept and we hope you can join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty neighborhood & so nice you can walk at the school. Creative & beautiful card, Vikki! Love the leaves & the sparkly bird!

    ReplyDelete