Sunday, April 26, 2020

Happy Birthday - Dots & Stripes

I recently purchased my first Waffle Flower stamp and die sets after seeing Cathy Zielske and Laura Bassens' blog posts for Waffle Flowers' Year 6 Birthday blog hop. I have a few geometric stamps but the Big Dot stamp & die set and Color Combo dies with all the triangles and rectangles one could ever want grabbed my attention. I've only begun to play with them and have already made three simple cards.  Included with the order was a gift of JJ Bolton's new rainbow paper pad which each of my cards used as a backdrop. Some of the dots created will be used in the future when I have time to case one of Laura Bassen's geometric treasures. All three qualify for two challenges: AAA Birthday Card Challenge #12 "Dots and/or Stripes" and Inspired by...a rainbow of color where obviously the rainbow hues were my inspiration.



Card #1
 Waffle Flower Big Dot stamp & die; Martha Stewart punch; JJ Bolton pattern paper

 Card #2
 Waffle Flower Big Dot stamp, A2 Rectangle die, Spellbinders star die; JJ Bolton paper

Card #3
 Waffle Flower Big Dot stamp & die; Cn9th Simple Serif Alphabet (heart); JJ Bolton paper


8 comments:

  1. Love both of them! And I know exactly why you ordered them! They should provide lots of inspiration and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--these are so neat, Vikki! The Big Dot die is unique & I know you'll continue to have fun using it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all! And your pretty rainbow colours too. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Keep safe, stay home and craft instead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are perfect Vikki, love your three different interpretations, fun cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vikki, I love your card! I think it is so cheerful! 😊🌈

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cards! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Birthday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow all these cards are so adorable, love them.♥ Thanks a lot for joining us at our Dots and /or Stripes Challenge by
    AAA Birthday Challenge
    Good luck and hope to see you again.
    Hugs and greetings Angela DT

    ReplyDelete