Saturday, October 19, 2019

Time Out Challenge #146 Encouraging


The latest Time Out challenge focuses on encouraging! 
I've loved this sentiment for a long time which encourages with a pun.




Being a bird-watcher's partner, I have more than my share of bird stamp sets. This was one of my first, a now-retired Hero Arts Color Layering Bird on branch. The branch and leaves were stamped on a sponged background with splatters added in the leaf colors. A PTI Pierced Feature Frame cut from woodgrain pattern paper frames the panel. After stamping the legs on the branch I added the fussy cut bird with foam. The panel was glued to a saffron spice card front.



Have a wonderful week. Today we had a chestnut-backed chickadee visit our bird feeder - a fun sighting! 

vikkispapertrailetc

8 comments:

  1. Your stamp layering is superb and love the neutral colours and love you added domension-and we all love to see a few splashes-thanks for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, your layering is awesome, and something I continually struggle with. It's a lovely card, and I love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a beautifully crafted card, Vikki! Such a great way to encourage someone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet....what a wonderful bird and your coloring is so amazing!!! Just beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a TO winner in my book, Vikki! It's so pretty and I love that awesome funny but loving sediment! And I love the way you stamped the bird on the card so the legs didn't need to be fussy-cut! Smart!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bird stamp and your card design with the frame! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fabulous, such a great idea to use a sparrow, they never fail to make me smile they are so cute!! Love the dimension of the birds body about its legs, branch etc. And the woodgrain background matches the colour of the bird perfectly. I'm so very glad you shared this with us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!! Did your hubby photograph this one to add to his amazing collection?!

    Hello friend : ) I hope you have been well. It appears your creativity is still inspiring Blogland!! I need to dive in to all your eye candy so I can get my mojo moving again!! I will see you soon.

    BIG (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete