Sunday, November 10, 2019

Thinking of You

Today's post features a set of "thinking of you" cards, one of my favorite genres to make. They fit a lot of categories i.e. sympathy, birthday, encouragement. I've admired Julie Ebersole's "mondo" series of stamps for a while and recently purchased the hydrangea and amaryllis mondo stamps and dies.  I'm sharing three of the Mondo Hydrangea cards. Here we go!


I smooshed three distress inks on an acrylic block, misted them before laying down a piece of lavender cardstock. The hydrangea was stamped in black ink, clear embossed, and die cut. It was foam mounted on a piece of pattern paper glued to a white card front. Purple Stickles decorate the flower centers. The Greetery tag and sentiment was attached with a twine bow and a PTI Feature Frame finishes the design. 





The bloom and sentiment were stamped on water color paper and embossed with fine gold EP. After painting the various petals with four distress oxide inks, the bloom was masked and the panel was splattered with more DO inks. It was cut with a PTI Noted Scallop die and directly adhered to an aqua card. It reminds me of cloisonné and is stunning in RL. 







Once again I smooshed distress inks on an acrylic block, misted it before laying white water color paper upon it. The bloom was stamped with DI and clear embossed before it was die cut. A sentiment was stamped on a soft stone panel and an Altenew Dotted Swirls Debossing Cover die added texture to the panel. The bloom was foam mounted to the panel and clear rain drops were added . 



These cards are linked to Simon Says: Thinking of You

This week fog and smoky air gave us this impressionistic sunset.





4 comments:

  1. Stunning picture, although not good for breathing, I'm sure. Your cards are just amazing, Vikki! I don't think I've ever thought to smoosh on colored cardstock, but now I want to try that! 3 winners in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Vikki :-) I love the hydrangea and the smooshed inks look fabulous! Like Greta, I have never inked onto coloured cardstock before either, looks amazing!! Thanks for the tip! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous sunset! And wow, that first card is absolutely a stunner! I don't think I've ever gotten such beautiful colors smooshing inks! I love those Mondo designs as well. The only one I own, however, is the holly. Likely to come out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing smooshing!! I think I need to revisit this technique! I tried it once ... epic failure! You have made it look incredible!! I love each design you used to highlight your perfect flowers!

    So sorry about the conditions that caused that beautiful image. I hope your air is fresh and clear very soon!

    ReplyDelete