Monday, April 8, 2019

Rennie Flowers medley


Sunday afternoon I played with a recent Altenew purchase.
Rennie Roses is unlike any other floral set I own and boy, is it versatile! I created three different panels: 1) using embossing resist with DO ink blending, 2) masking with a stenciled chevron strip behind the focal point, and 3) stamping off the edge on opposite corners with a scary (for me) splattering under a die cut sentiment.

Card #1
 Card Supplies:
PTI Shape Stackers: Large and Life Is Beautiful dies
Altenew Rennie Roses
Birch Press Celebrate Sugar Script die

Linked to: Seize the Birthday


Card #2
Card Supplies:
Altenew Rennie Roses, Hero Arts Borders Stencil
PTI Keep It Simple: Thinking of You
PTI Noted: Scalloped A2 die
Copics, PTI Bitty Big: Orange Zest paper, twine

I was drawn to the florals and colors in the
photo and used a clean-layered style.


Card #3
Card Supplies:
Altenew Rennie Roses, PTI Penned Elegance II stamps/dies
Altenew alcohol Artist Markers Set D 

I'm thrilled with the different results on this first inking of my
new stamps. It would be difficult to pick my favorite!




4 comments:

  1. Versatile is right! All three are wonderful, but my favorite is the stenciled cards. Orange is one of my favorite colors, and the bright orange polka-dot background layer sets off the beautifully color roses perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! you have been busy my friend : ) These cards are so beautiful!! You have "made" me need Rennie Roses!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all just fabulous, Vikki! I am especially drawn to the purple version--colors, splatter, design--everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three of these are gorgeous. What a great way to really stretch your stamps.

    ReplyDelete