Sunday, November 18, 2018

Christmas cards

Holiday Season Arrives

Well, the turkey is thawing and fresh cranberries are ready to sauce at my house this Sunday. I love the traditions of an American Thanksgiving holiday especially all the choices for the special meal. Our family is small so we limit our menu somewhat but always include one new veggie side dish. But we're not here to discuss food, are we? It's "make more Christmas cards" time and here are a few to add to the stash this week.





My fantasy folk style tree was inspired by Stephanie's card on PTI's first release day. I stamped small images from the Make it Market: Holiday Folk and Tinsel & Tags sets on a white tree die cut from a SSS stitched rectangle panel, added a sentiment from Love is Here: Holiday, and a gold bell die cut from Bells & Boughs, all older PTI products. The tree was wrapped with gold raffia and offset in the panel to show the kraft shadow. Black Soot DI was splattered on the background panel before assembling the scene.

Linked to: Create Along with Us












Using a SSS Falling Snow stencil and Ranger Texture Paste, a scene with snow was created on this top-folding card. A PTI Noted Scalloped: A2 stitched frame encloses the sentiment and a trio of aqua shimmer paper snowflakes were added for sparkles.


















My friend Greta shared the SSS forest die cut panel which is backed with pattern paper and directly glued to a white card front. PTI's Winter Fox stands guard with a stamped Bells & Boughs sentiment.




















I finally inked up the October Hero Arts My Monthly Hero kit with all its vintage style images and dies. This card is a one-layer stamped panel with the skater masked to stamp the icy pond around her foot. Several snowflakes and light blue ink shadow her. This scene reminds me of childhood fun at a city park in Nebraska.








Thank you for stopping by today.
Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

  1. Wowzer--you're on a roll, Vikki! I never thought to back the SSS die with printed paper--gotta do that! The CAWU card is absolutely brilliant & I love it! All cards that will be appreciated, for sure! Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...you were on a roll Vikki with 4 cards!! Love how you re-created Stephanie's card and just used small stamps from sets you had for the tree...it's BEAUTIFUL!! And what a great idea to put PP behind the tree die cut on your 3rd card...LOVE it!! And your sparkly snowflake card and skater card are wonderful too!! Lovely, lovely cards!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great start to the Christmas card stash! I've yet to make a single card, but hope to get a start over the holiday. (I'd love to hear what you're making for Thanksgiving sides.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Vikki these are just wonderful!! I love love love your floral fantasy tree!! what a sweet and clever idea! Your falling snow is beautiful and your darling skater so fun!! I especially love the beautiful forest die and fox card!! I think I need to buy these products!!: )

    Our Thanksgiving table will have both traditional and non-traditional dishes as we are so blessed that FIVE of our wonderful Mexican "adopted kids" will join us for the celebration along with our oldest grandson. We are so excited because we can barely remember the last time we had a big gathering for the holiday.

    Have a wonderful celebration my friend!

    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all the needed Christmas inspiration, Vikki! I love them all! I especially love that fox guarding the forest! And your expertly executed skater lass brought back memories of my winters in Iowa! I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete