Sunday, July 1, 2018

Celebrate good times





Long ago in my early paper crafting life, I had an adhesive sheet of white inchie squares in my stash. The idea was to stamp a section of the little squares with one large stamp and evenly set the squares in a grid format to recreate that stamp with spacing on a card. My patience for this tedious labor resulted in a couple cards, I think. 

On the recent Make it Monday #326: Inchie Elements challenge, Lexi Daly shared her process for recreating this look. My version uses 4th of July colors, gold military braid and gender neutral images. I raised the gold embossed arrow square with foam tape and edged the sentiment square with VersaMark ink and gold EP. It's a fun idea and terrific samples can be found on the PTI blog.


Card Supplies:
PTI Framed Out #2 and Sketched Shapes stamps
SSS Stitched Rectangle die
Hero Arts Royal Red mid-tone shadow ink
Dark Indigo Bitty Big paper




7 comments:

  1. Great graphic approach to the inchies. The striped paper is a perfect backdrop to the different shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your take on the challenge - graphic and cool! thanks for playing make it monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you arranged these -- it made for a very striking card that jumped off the page at me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun looking card and the pops of gold are wonderful! Seeing this makes me want to pull out my Sketched Shapes stamps again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic and fun. Love that you had a patterned paper background. And, those stripes probably made the inchies easier to line up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful inchie card, Vikki! Sorry I missed this post, but glad I found it today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is THE coolest design! I love the way you are pointing to Good Times!! brilliant : )

    ReplyDelete