Monday, June 21, 2021

Color Hues - Aqua and Black

As soon as I saw Karen W's design team entry for the current Color Hues challenge, I knew exactly what stamps to use for the color combo. I've not purchased many MFT products but the Brilliant Butterflies set recently lured me to their store. It's an ideal set for two color themes and hopefully my card will inspire you to create something for this challenge.



I used another new purchase, the mini slim line die set bundle from Pink Fresh Studio. This is an ideal size in my opinion and even fits in a standard sized envelope. The happy sentiment is an older PTI die cut from black sparkly fun foam. A trio of iridescent stars finishes the card.



Here's a second card in A2 size which suits this larger butterfly. 

                                                 
Nordic Frame die cut panel (The Greetery)
Life is Beautiful sentiment (PTI) 

As the photos show another card is in the works using die cuts supplied by my friend Greta.                    

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely love these cards, Vikki! Would you believe, I finally used one of the dies myself! I do find stamping these butterflies cannot be done in a hurry, but worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Needless to say, I love both cards! I have lots of MFT, but NOT the butterflies which is probably a more versatile set than some of my others. I just got those Pinkfresh dies, but haven't put them to use yet. The design of the mini-slim card is just perfect! I'm always happy to see you at the Color Hues Challengee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki,
    Just had to comment when I saw your great card in the gallery! Those butterflies are perfect and so whimsical! I love the iridescent stars you added. Great fun and inspiration to have you joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all of us that don't have this current stamp set from MFT wish we did after seeing your entry at Color Hues! This came out so well in Aqua and Black. Love each one! Well done Vikki! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful -- especially in these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the butterflies and fabulous CAS layout! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! I love these butterflies! Thank you for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurrah for the shout out at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vikki! I wanted to stop by to say hi and to thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog. What pretty cards you have here today. Those butterflies are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to share with you all here on how I got my loan from Mr Pedro who helped me with a loan of 400,000.00 Euro to improve my business, It was easy and swift when I applied for the loan when things were getting rough with my business. Mr Pedro granted me a loan without delay. Here is Mr Pedro, email/ pedroloanss@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete