Monday, October 19, 2020

October SSS Card Kit Fun

This summer I subscribed to the Simon Says Stamp Monthly Card Kit. I like the variety of products and also the option to pass on a month that does not interest me or if I'm traveling. The October kit contains a darling bear, owl, fall props, a fabulous large sentiment plus more. I made three cards yesterday from the kit supplies and several Christmas cards. It helped that my husband was away bird watching at the coast.

 

The first card is a slimline birthday card for married friends whose birthdays are in October. I used a new PFS slimline die to cut the windows from white card stock which was inked with Antique Linen DI. The panel was backed with pattern paper from the kit and popped up with foam tape on the kraft card. The figures were colored with copics, color pencils or stamped on color cardstock before I fussy cut them. The envelope was stamped with more of the same items from the kit and lightly colored with pencils. Linking this card to the current SSSW challenge - Make a Card and Envelope.

Two more kit cards

A PTI circle was inked up with the newest Distress Oxide Crackling Campfire ink after embossing the wonderful sentiment. A few leftover die cuts from The Greetery's BotaniCuts Oak were added for interest.


Frankly this cute bear and the owl were my reason to purchase the kit. Using Gina K masking paper simplified stamping this scene. A SSS wonky rectangle die finished the panel edges which was mounted on a pattern paper card front. I left off a sentiment until it's mailed.



3 comments:

  1. I saw the first card on Instagram, and loved it! It's the perfect design for a slimline card, and I love the way you used the patterned paper for the background. The next two are also great. Hoping to get to my kit this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous fall cards, Vicki! The images look so cute on the slimline card but my fave has to be the happy fall y'all card. The sentiment works for this southern girl and I'm loving acorns lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like this kit was made for you, Vikki! Love that you got 3 totally different cards made with it! The last one really grabbed my attention--so cute!

    ReplyDelete