Monday, May 25, 2020

Hello Friend

One of my goals this spring has been to use my older stuff along with the new. Most of the time I completely forget about stencils and my handy notebook where they are kept in clear page protector sheets. I found a Heidi Swapp 3 stencils set: a geometric pattern, a large butterfly and its mask to add color on the background. I taped a panel of Bristol paper to the mat, added the butterfly and blended a light yellow ink. Next I placed the geometric pattern stencil on top of the butterfly stencil and added a darker yellow ink. I should have stopped there but later added the aqua spots.  A Concord & 9 Serif alphabet set spells out the "hello" with the smaller friend stamped below. The panel was cut with the largest SS Wonky Rectangle die and added to an aqua card front.



Linking this to AAA Birthday
I missed by 2 minutes the CAS Layered Stencil challenge. 


4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, big butterfly, Vikki! Love the geometric pattern & the alpha dies are so pretty! Bummer you missed the deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Now that's a bold statement butterfly! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these colors! Also a good idea to combine the stencils for that butterfly! Thanks for joining our AAA Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. The colors are great, and I also love that wonky stitched border. Thanks to a couple of the Online Card Class lessons, I've pulled out my stencils again too. I chuckled when I read about missing the deadline by 2 minutes. Can't tell you how many challenge deadlines I've missed (though not usually by only 2 minutes.) I've started listing the end date a day earlier to try to avoid it happening.

    ReplyDelete