Sunday, January 5, 2020

The Card Concept: Favorite Card of 2019


How do you pick your favorite card? I tease my two sons with you are  "my favorite oldest son" or "my favorite youngest son." 😍 Cards are different. I haven't crafted as much this past year due to travels and moving plans. The past three months we've looked for a smaller home in a city 3 hours away near our oldest son's family and closed on one in December. We've been busy decluttering cupboards, closets, and the basement in our home of 40 years. We plan to move before month's end while also readying the old for sale. This first 2020 post may be all for January!

But back to cards and The Card Concept challenge for favorite 2019 card or a photo of our Christmas tree. No big tree this Christmas due to the move. I chose a card from last January that is packed with colors, texture and a special sentiment for a dear friend. I often use spray adhesive for this intricate set of Birch Press dies but now prefer the ease of maneuvering the layers with liquid glue. This is a Clean and Layered card design.


4 comments:

  1. It is truly beautiful! Wonderful pick! Good luck with the decluttering and move. It's a huge project, especially after 40 years! Reinforces (once again) that we should be working on the decluttering part even though we don't have a move in mind for some time yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder this is your favorite! What an incredible design!! The lucky person who received this card could have had NO doubt that they are "so loved"!!

    My family teases each other to this day on who is dad's favorite. He now lives in a nursing home and my sister will often write on his "white board" a message declaring her position as his favorite! It is all in fun... they all know I am his favorite! : )

    I think of you often with your moving tasks and pray you are caring for yourself so you don't get overwhelmed.

    Sending BIG (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--this is an absolute stunner, Vikki! Hope things are going well with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Vikki, you can see what a lousy bloggie friend I am by the date on this comment! And I can see why you picked this card! It's glorious! I hope all went well with all things move-related. Don't forget to send me your new address!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete