Friday, December 13, 2019

Merry & Bright

 PTI Card Supplies: 
Make It Market Mini Kit: Holiday Folk (bird)
Rustic Wreath stamps & die
Scallop Stackers: Large die

My last card featured an ink-smooshed and spattered background. I had enough of the panel to die cut a wreath. I stamped a second wreath in black on a green scalloped panel before the die cut wreath was attached. Red glitter Stickles berries jazz up the wreath and coordinate with the red pre-printed bird. The sentiment was gold embossed. A simple but fun layered design. Linking this to Time Out #150.



What to do with the wreath's discarded center? I have a few piles of die cut negative parts in my remnant pile, don't you? Well, I dry embossed the wreath die on a white card front and carefully lined up the inked center to match the appropriate leaves. After making a mask to cover the wreath I splattered distress inks over the card front. This thank you card will go to the recipient of the Merry & Bright card above. Last week we exchanged Christmas gifts and cards and now I need a ty card for her. I wonder if she'll notice.


PTI Rustic Wreath die
PTI Penned Elegance II stamp

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I love that delicate wreath and sweet red bird!! And aren't you clever to use the center part of the wreath (beautifully colored!) for your friend's thank you card!!!

    You hanging in there?? I'm thinking of you : )

    BIG (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this wreath! And I would never think to use that cute red bird, even though I've had that kit out recently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vikki! Thanks so much for stopping by today - it's given me the perfect opportunity to come in search on your email address, and to be so in awe of your ingenuity with that leftover!! I have a pile of my own, for sure! Both of your cards are awesome - and thank you for your kindness... xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you clever?! I have a bunch of those wreath insides, too--great use of one! The first card is beautiful with the double wreath & pretty bird! Merry Christmas, my friend!

    ReplyDelete