Thursday, August 16, 2018

Love You


It's release week for the new Papertrey Ink products! PTI sponsors a challenge to recreate an inspiration from the design team with our own stash called Create Along with Us. It's a dilemma to choose a project or designer but here goes.


Kelly Lunceford's darling wreath with the gourds caught my eyes. 

My focus was the wreath frame, three brightly colored elements (gourds), 
a large sentiment and gingham paper card front. 


I used a favorite Cover Plate: Stitched Die, cutting it from watercolor paper and coloring each leaf blade and the vine with a water brush and my inexpensive tin of watercolors. Since my card is for bird man Jim to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary on Sunday, the gourds morphed into a couple of Brushed Birds and a Botanical Bounty bloom stamped with Hero Arts and Brilliance inks. The birds were each backed with another bird cut in blue paper, offset slightly and popped up with foam tape. The bloom and PTI sentiment are glued directly to the cover plate panel. This was centered on an old Soft Stone pattern paper and taped directly to a white card front. The birdies got a bit of Wink O Stella on their heads. I will try this again using PTI Rustic and Twig Wreaths.

My sweetie!

10 comments:

  1. Happy, happy anniversary, Vikki! Gotta say, this is one of the best hubby anniversary cards I've ever seen! I know he will love it! You've made me know I do need that cover plate as I thought when I first saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your version of the card. I don't ever remember seeing that beautiful stitched cover-plate. Happy Anniversary! We just celebrated our 45th as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card and perfect for a bird lover! The stitched CP is new to me too so I had to look it up. Hope you have a wonderful 45th anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Vikki and very happy anniversary wishes to you and your hubby too!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you made your card personal, Happy Anniversary, Vikki! It's beautiful, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really so very pretty, and I love your twist on the inspiration card. And, thanks for reminding me how beautiful that cover plate die is. I forgot all about it. And, happy anniversary to you and your sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those birds and what a great creation! That cover plate is one of my favorites and I have something using it on my desk at the moment too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card, Vikki! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 45th Anniversary today to you and your dear hubby! Gotta love those Brushed Birds and your watercolored stitched leaf border, Vikki. Great way to interpret Kelly's card with a beauty all your own!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary, Vikki! Your card is so lovely! I especially loved that watercolored vine. Great touch!

    ReplyDelete