Sunday, October 29, 2017

Christmas Wishes

Make it Monday #301:
Matting with Glitter



Ooh, am I out of my comfort zone this week with the MIM challenge.

My roadblock for this challenge was the need for adhesive sheets which I have not purchased. When another challenge entry noted using score tape to create her mat, a light bulb turned on! Yay,  I have a narrow-width score tape roll and also unused MS glitter. And the card below is the result.




I white-embossed a tree on PTI dotted vellum and adhered it to a previously water-colored
rectangle. I carefully applied the score tape to the edges and glittered away, combining both
baby blue and lime green MS glitters. Voila! a glitter mat for plain-old-card-making me to
share this season! I added fun foam on the back before mounting it on another water color
paper rectangle. This panel was adhered to an aqua card. 

PTI Stamp & Die: Make It Market : Holiday Folk, Botanical Block IV
Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle die,  Hero Arts Navy ink

Instagram

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Vikki! Love the pretty background and shimmery mat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vikki,
    Your card is beautiful! I love the tree embossed on the vellum against your pretty background. The glitter frames it all so nicely.
    Happy to visit your blog, what a gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you combined the 2 glitters for your mat, Vikki! The embossed tree is gorgeous, as is this card! Hope you're staying warm & dry--great crafting weather, right?!

    ReplyDelete