Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Blessed

Good morning! Here's my card today made after many minutes of gluing fine lines of the navy outline and filling in the details with blue and turquoise leaves. Due to an accidental ink spot on the background the entire project was splattered with more color! Ha ha for CAS - not.

 

The NBUS Leafy Envelope (PFS) was die cut from watercolor paper and all the pieces fell out.  I gently ink blended HA Navy ink over the outline and glued it to a white panel. Next the large leaves sections were colored with copic markers and inlaid in the appropriate spots. The other leaves were left unfilled but colored again with copics.  I masked the envelope area and splattered ink around the area. The panel was placed on an aqua-turquoise card front. My friend Greta kindly shared the PTI Blessed die cuts a while ago and this statement touched my heart. In this pandemic time I've been blessed by old friends and new acquaintances found on card blogs sending "thinking of you" and "hello" cards. Thank you all.

Card linked to Color Hues TCH #2 , SSSW: No Stamps Allowed, and NBUS


Today would have been my dad's 94th birthday. We surprised him on his final birthday 40 years ago so that he could meet his youngest grandson, six months old then. Little did we know he would die from a stroke five months later. I was loved and blessed by him.



5 comments:

  1. I love this one!!! I've been eyeing that envelope for a long time now! Had to laugh about the ink splatters. I had to take apart a fairly detailed card today because my splatters ruined it. The second times worked much better. Another great entry for the Color Hues Challenge; thanks for popping in again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you hadn't mentioned your faux pas I wouldn't have known, well disguised! What a fab die cut but I can see that the thin frame could cause some glueing problems.
    Thanks for joining us again at Color Hues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet memory of taking your son to meet your dad. We share something else--missing our loving fathers. I almost got that PFS die. Bet you're glad you did! Really love the look of your card, Vikki--including the splatters! So glad you could use the PTI word die. Let me know if you need more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful leafy envelope - well worth the trouble of the thin edge!! Just love the card and your memory of your dad who died too young!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this beautiful card! Great use of the challenge colors Vikki !
    Thank you so much for playing along at the Color Hues Challenge !

    ReplyDelete