Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Merry & Bright

Trying out a sketch at
CAS(E) this Sketch #135




I'm adding to my Christmas card pile hoping to be ready this December and not be under so much pressure. Dreamed up this poinsettia from the Lovely Layers set and it turned out pretty good! I made several dots of yellow Stickles on the center but didn't like them so squished them flat to add some glittery shine to the card. To keep my cards flat for mailing did not pop up the die cuts.  To mass produce this design, I will modify by die cutting out of green & red papers and eliminate one step of stamping.

Stamps: Papertrey Ink Lovely Layers & Rustic Wreath (sentiment)
Die: PTI Lovely Layers
Inks: Hero Arts - Meadow Greens, Pale Tomato, Royal Red mid-tone shadow
Washi tape and yellow Stickles 

3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love how you used this set to make a Christmas card! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever way to use Lovely Layers! Beautiful Christmas card!!

    ReplyDelete