Monday, January 15, 2018

happy day...happy birthday

PTI Create Along with Us
January 2018

My favorite monthly challenge is PTI's 






As soon as I saw the card below by Wanda Guess during PTI's release week, 
I knew exactly what my project would be this month! 




The drama of color against a dark background along with the beautifully colored 
blossoms captured my eye and desire to try this technique. But, I was also in love
with the darling birds featured in the January release and choose birds instead of 
flowers for the focus. It turned out so pretty! IMHO

PTI Products:
Stamps & Dies: Songbirds, Ways to Say: Happy Birthday, Noted: A2
Paper: Smoky Shadow
Colored Pencils over Hero Arts Unicorn White pigment ink


Be sure to look at Create Along with Us where more entries are posted!
Thank you for the visit today~


9 comments:

  1. Oh my, Vikki, you were quick on the draw with this beauty! You’ll make Wanda very proud. I still don’t own Songbirds but it’s on my list. Beautifully done! Love your new blog header and I apologize for not blog hopping for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are gorgeous! Love the color on the dark backgrounds. The yellow dots look fabulous on the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty Vikki! I love the beautiful birds that you featured! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on Wanda's card, Vikki! Wonderful job with the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vikki, this is wonderful! Love the stamps you chose! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with the birds this month too and your card captures this release beautifully!! Lovely, lovely card Vikki!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so sweet Vikki, love the colouring on the black background, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always afraid to use black, but I love your blue birds and leaves on this background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vikki : )

    LOVE this card! I rarely, if ever, have created a card like this. You make me NEED to try this technique : ) it turned out beautiful. Songbirds is one of my favorite PTI sets - I feel a CASE coming on!

    Sorry to be so tardy in commenting I am out of town and have limited access to a computer but I wanted to pop on and tell you how much I really LOVE your card.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete