Saturday, September 23, 2017

Happy birthday






My card was inspired by Dawn McVey's card & video for this week's 
Make It Monday challenge on the capture the moment blog. 

She encouraged us to mix different floral sets on our projects and design with 
small, medium and large sized blossoms to create our cards. I used PTI stamps 
& dies: Bitty Bouquets, Leave It Be, Rosie Posie, Rosie Posie Step 2 and Ruby 
Rose plus the Stitched Die cover plate. 



I finally purchased Rosie Posie during the spring anniversary sale but had not inked it up yet. Oh, my, now I know why so many have said it was one of their favorite floral sets. I inked up each flower in the set but chose the cabbage rose to anchor this card. A sentiment from Stylish Sentiments: Birthday was centered on the Stitched Cover Plate panel first before arranging the flowers in the bottom corners. I mounted the roses and one blossom of the Bitty Bouquets on foam and tucked the rest under the roses. A long process but it resulted in one of my favorite cards this year. Stamping the die cuts in different ink combinations was the most fun and left me with more flowers to create another card or two. A bit of clear Wink of Stella adds some sparkle. 

3 comments:

  1. This is SOOOO pretty Vikki and you've reminded me why I love Rosie Posie too! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Vikki! Love all the beautiful PTI florals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how pretty, Vikki! Beautiful flowers & card!

    ReplyDelete