Sunday, October 23, 2016

Peace...Joy...Love




This week's Make It Monday Challenge featured a technique tutorial 
from Melissa Phillips using die-cuts as stencil shapes. Her cards are 
amazing and I hope you'll check out her page.




In general my style is more CAS. This is my attempt for an
easy-to-mail, one-layer Christmas card. My stencil was
made from a seldom used PTI die, Delicate Details. Now 
that I use spray adhesive, I'll be reaching for this pretty set.
I sponged a trio of green Distress Inks over the die cut on
the main card panel and lightly misted water for more depth.
Two mistletoe twigs die cut from DCWV shimmer paper
and PTI patterned vellum decorate the panel.


Card Menu: all PTI unless noted
Stamps: Botanical Blocks IV (sentiment), Mistletoe & Holly
Dies: Delicate Details, Mistletoe & Holly, SSS Stitched Rectangles
Inks: Distress Inks-Festive Berries, Evergreen Bough, Iced Spruce, Pine Needles
Misc.: an old Lawn Fawn Snow Day pattern paper, silver washi tape, Lawn Fawn twine, red glitter paper for berries

6 comments:

  1. Lovely, Vikki! I love Delicate Details, and don't use it often enough. You've inspired me! You got such an intense image with you stencil. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...this just gorgeous Vikki! I love your background and the little pops of red for the berries and your sentiment. Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vikki, this is simply beautiful.
    I love how the pretty background pops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Your background really pops! I love your use of patterned vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful choice of colors--love the stenciling!

    ReplyDelete